Hide Pictures and Files on Most Android Devices : Hiding methods (at least two of them) for photos and files seem pretty similar to those applied to hiding apps. Both methods get the job done but in utterly different ways.
Both methods require you to download an app from the Play Store. Nevertheless, the best thing about them is that they are absolutely free.
Method 1. Download the Gallery Vault App
As you can see, this app works as a vault for your pictures and other files. You can drag the private images and files from your gallery and other apps into GalleryVault, and then access them with a password or fingerprint. The app is entirely free, but it is ad-supported, making the process a bit annoying.
To use Gallery Vault, follow these steps:
- Download the Gallery Vault app and create an account.
- Run the app and tap the “+” button in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose the type of files you want to add to the vault (images, videos, etc.)
- Select the files.
- Click the “Add” option.
- Choose the folder you want the files to be in.
Method 2. Use the AppLock App
If you are not eager to move your files from one place to another, AppLock is a better solution. It enables you to lock any app on your device and access it only with your fingerprint.
For instance, you can close the Gallery and Google Photos apps so that if someone takes your phone, they can’t see any pictures you have since there is no access.
To activate AppLock, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Download AppLock and install it.
- To lock an app, scroll down until you see the list of apps on your phone.
- Head to the “Protect” tab and enable the “Fingerprint Lock” option.
We recommend you enable the fingerprint lock to avoid using a pattern that’s offered by default.