On-Page SEO: it is a type of white hat SEO. It is the process of optimization of the website through changes in HTML coding. We have to make some modifications to HTML coding.
There are different types of techniques for On-page SEO. The techniques are as follows
- Title tag optimization: Title of your website should be 60–70 character including spaces
- Meta tag description optimization: Description of your website should be 150–160 character including spaces.
- Meta tag keywords optimization: Your keyword tag should contain 6–8 keywords.
- Keyword research: You have to research keywords by using the tool. Your strategy to choose keyword should be Average monthly searches should be high and competition should be low or medium.
- Heading tag(H1, H2, H3): You have heading tags in your content of the website by using keywords
- Image optimization: Google can’t read image but he reads keywords in the alt tag. so always use keywords in the alt tag.
- URL optimization: your URL should be optimized with keyword and always use hyphen sign (-)
- Footer optimization: Your footer of pages always includes important links like address, google map, policy, term and condition, sitemap, social icons and many more.
- Page speed optimization: your site should be open within seconds. so always look at speed of page
- Robots.txt: It is a text file that must be included in the root directory of your website. This file tells which page is to be crawl by the crawler and not to be crawl by crawler
- Sitemap: Sitemap must be included in the root directory of the website. It tells the web robots how many pages present on the website, last modification of pages and frequency of updation.
- Canonical tag: this tag must be included in the HTML page which tells the web robots that URL present in the canonical tag is master copy so avoid the problem of duplicate contains because of multiple URL.
- Iframe tag: Whenever you want resources from another website without creating duplicate content then iframe tag used.
- 301 and 302 redirections: When domain permanently changes then 301 redirections are used and when there are temporary changes in the website then 302 redirections are used.
- 401 error & Broken link: When some file is missing from the root directory or you type wrong URL address then you will get 401 error and the link is called a broken link.
- Breadcrumbs: They are the links that allow the user to track their path from the page that they currently viewing to the home page. They reflect the structure of the website. They present on the top of the webpage
- URL structure: Structure of your website should be as per user interface and user experience
- Pagination: it is a process of divide the number of the page into smaller one hence it can be easily readable
- Schema and rich snippets: They provide the structure of the website as per the language of the search engine. They provide information to search engines so that they understand the content of the website.
- Internal links: Internal links are the links that go from one page on a domain to another page of the same domain. SO user can easily navigate the whole website
This is called as on-page SEO and its techniques for 2020-21.