What is PayPal?
Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account. PayPal is an online payments and money transfer service that allows you to send money via email, phone, text message or Skype. They offer products to both individuals and businesses alike, including online vendors, auction sites and corporate users. PayPal connects effortlessly to bank accounts and credit cards PayPal Mobile is one of PayPal’s newest products. It allows you to send payments by text message or by using PayPal’s mobile browser..
What is Stripe?
Payments for developers. Stripe makes it easy for developers to accept credit cards on the web.
PayPal and Stripe can be categorized as “Payment Services” tools.
Some of the features offered by PayPal are:
- 2.9% + $0.30 or less- With our flat, transparent pricing, you’ll never be surprised by hidden or variable fees. We also offer discounted rates when you sell a lot, or when you use our card reader.
- Keeping every seller secure- If you’re sent an unauthorized payment, or a buyer claims they never received an item, our Seller Protection covers you for the full amount of the eligible payment.
- Easy for them, easy for you- With just a few clicks, you can get paid by debit card, credit card, or a PayPal transfer. All someone needs to start buying from you is your e-mail address or mobile number.
On the other hand, Stripe provides the following key features:
- Full-stack payments- You don’t need a merchant account or gateway. Stripe handles everything, including storing cards, subscriptions, and direct payouts to your bank account. Stripe.js lets you build your own payment forms while still avoiding PCI requirements.
- An API that gets out of your way- It’s so easy, we’ve embedded a bunch of examples right here. Copy some of these requests into your terminal and check out what happens. With wrappers in Ruby, PHP, Python and more, you can get started in minutes.
- Pricing like it should be- 2.9% + 30 cents per successful charge. No setup fees, no monthly fees, no card storage fees, no hidden costs: you only get charged when you earn money.
“Most known service”, “Consumers know it” and “It’s available for many countries” are the key factors why developers consider PayPal; whereas “Easy setup”, “Developer friendly” and “Well-designed api” are the primary reasons why Stripe is favored.
Hipmunk, Exec, and Kickstarter are some of the popular companies that use Stripe, whereas PayPal is used by Uber Technologies, ebay, and Asana.