4 Things to do if you are bitten by a scorpion : Scorpion are spider-like animals called arachnids. They live in warm and dry climate all over the world.
It has a segmented tail and the tip of the tail holds a stringer and two glands that contain a poisonious venom that helps them protect themselves when surprised or threatened.
Most scorpion stings are not dangerous but some scorpions sting can be life threatening.
There are about 1,500 species of scorpions in the world but only about 30 have stings that are dangerous.Symptoms and side effects of scorpion bite or sting.
Scorpion Stings can only cause localized symptoms such as warmth and pain at the site of the sting.
Here are the symptoms:
-Tingling and numbness around the sting.
-Swelling around the sting.
-Muscle trashing or twitching.
-Unusual Movement of the neck, head and eyes.
– High blood pressure.
– Restlessness, excitability or incontrollable crying.
Things To Do When Bitten By A Scorpion
– Wash the area with soap and water.
– Apply a cool compress on the area of the “scorpion Sting” or bite for 10 minutes.
– If sting(bitten) on a limb, (arm or leg) then keep the affected limb in a comfortable position.
– Make sure your tetanus shots and boosters are current.
Am sure you enjoyed this article, please don’t forget to like, comment and share with loved ones.